Reserve & National Guard Benefits
Regular full-time and regular part-time associates who are members of the Armed Forces Reserves or National Guard who are ordered to annual active duty training are eligible for a leave of absence and military differential pay up to a full year. Regular full-time and part-time associates who are called into temporary special duty, enlist, or are drafted are also eligible for an unpaid leave of absence.
If your military compensation for annual active duty training is less than your regular base salary or wages, you will receive compensation for the difference. Military differential pay can cover multiple weekend trainings over the course of the military fiscal year if working weekends is part of your regular work schedule.
Extended Medical Coverage
For military leaves of absence that do not exceed 31 days, associates will continue to receive health benefits (medical, dental and vision insurance) by paying their usual share of premium contributions. For military leaves that exceed 31 days, associates will continue to receive coverage until the end of the month following the first 31 days of their leave of absence. Beyond this, associates will be given the option to continue health insurance coverage for up to 24 months by paying the full cost of premiums through COBRA.
National Guard or Reservists Called to Active Duty
Upon completion of military leave, Amazon will make reasonable efforts to reinstate qualified associates to the position they would have held had their employment not been interrupted by military service. To be eligible to return to work, the associate must (1) give notice prior to taking military leave of their intent to return to work; (2) must not have been released from service under dishonorable or other punitive conditions; and (3) apply for reemployment (for leaves longer than 30 days) and report to work in a timely manner.
If you don't live near an Amazon Facility (a Military Base, perhaps), working for Amazon from home could work for you.
With my husband in the Navy, our family supports the mission and moves whenever necessary. Working virtually for Amazon has let me establish something that is mine and provides another support community.
- Currently, there are no open positions within this category/location combination. Please check back again soon or you can view all of our open positions View all open position click here.
Already applied? Check Your Status
- IT Support Technician Bellevue, Washington, USA
- IT Support Technician Kent, Washington, USA
- IT Support Technician Newark, California, USA
- IT Support Engineer San Bernardino, California, USA
- Facilities Area Manager (Industrial Maintenance Manager) - Nationwide Openings - (Seattle, Washington, United States) Industrial Maintenance Manager - Nationwide Openings - Seattle, Washington, USA
Already applied? Check Your Status
More info coming soon!
in the mean time . . .
- Area Manager - Student Veteran Program (Nation Wide) - (Baltimore, Maryland, United States) Nation Wide - Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Amazon Operations: Area Manager Intern - University Fulfillment 2017 Seattle, Washington, USA
- Amazon Operations: Loss Prevention Intern - Student Veteran Program (Nationwide) - (Seattle, Washington, United States) Nationwide - Seattle, Washington, USA
- Amazon Operations: Area Manager Intern -Student Veteran Program(Nationwide) - (Seattle, Washington, United States) Nationwide - Seattle, Washington, USA
- Amazon Operations: Assistant Maintenance Manager Intern - Student Veteran Program (Nationwide) - (Seattle, Washington, United States) Nationwide - Seattle, Washington, USA
Warriors Affinity Group
Amazon Warriors is made up of Amazonians who have served in their respective country's military forces, those who are still serving, and all Amazon employees who support them. The group's mission is to provide its members a professional network and a means to organize community outreach programs, to aid veterans during their transition into the Amazon workforce, and to be a resource for the Amazon Military Talent Partnership, which supports Amazon in recruiting top military talent.
Our Military Partners
The past four years, G.I. Jobs and U.S. Veterans magazine have recognized Amazon as a top military employer in the U.S. - placing Amazon in their list of Top 100 companies recruiting veterans. Amazon has also been recognized by Military Spouse Magazine as a top military spouse-friendly employer and has received the honor of multiple ESGR (Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve) awards including the Patriot Award, Seven Seals Award, and the Above and Beyond Award. Amazon is proud to partner with Military Spouse Employment Partnership and with Fourblock Veteran Career Development, Joining Forces, and Veteran Jobs Mission, organizations dedicated to aiding the transition from military to civilian workforce. In the Seattle area, Amazon partners with Camo2Commerce and is a pioneering participant in the Navy Tours with Industry Program.