The perks of being an Amazon employee don’t stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. We also offer a full range of benefits to regular, full-time U.S. employees that support employees and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. These benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid time-off and Holiday overtime pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Discounts on Amazon purchases
Amazon’s benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as part-time, seasonal, or temporary employment.
Our Medical plan options give you the flexibility to select the right health care coverage for you and eligible family members. Choose from several plans, including a Health Savings Account (with employee and employer contributions), and multiple network providers for the best care in your area. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans as well as a Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care.
Medical Advice Line
Call 24/7 for a free consultation with a nurse, or for a small fee, speak to a doctor who can help with a diagnosis, recommend treatment and prescribe short-term prescriptions for less than the cost of an urgent care or emergency room visit.
- Amazon’s 401(k) plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings and includes a company match. The plan offers a variety of investment options to help you reach your financial goals.
- Company-paid basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance with the option to enroll in additional coverage for you and your dependents.
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
Network of Support
Amazon cares about your health and well-being, both on and off the job. The following benefits are available at no cost to help make life a little bit easier.
- Amazon’s free Employee Assistance Program provides confidential 24/7 support, resources and referrals for every aspect of work and personal life.
- We offer online resources for parents whose children struggle with developmental disabilities, as well as help finding child and elder care referrals and assistance.
- Employees have access to financial counseling, estate planning and other services in the event of a life-threatening illness or death.
Amazon offers adoption assistance for qualified domestic and international adoption expenses including attorney fees, court costs, and travel.
Maternity and Parental Leave
Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child. This includes our industry unique “Leave Share” option and a flexible return-to-work program known as “Ramp Back.” Parental options require at least one year of continuous service by the date of a child’s birth or adoption placement.
It’s essential that employees take advantage of time away from work to recharge and renew. Depending on eligibility, employees accrue paid and unpaid time off throughout the year, and are encouraged to make the most of it.
Hourly employees earn time and a half if they work on any of these Amazon holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Amazon.com Employee Discount
Employees receive an annual discount on products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
Benefits - Canada
The perks of being an Amazon employee don’t stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. We also offer a full range of benefits that support employees and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children.
The benefits included here for Canada apply to regular, full-time employees. Amazon’s benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment.
Health and Dental
In addition to provincial health plans, Amazon provides extended health and dental care benefits at no cost. This includes coverage for prescriptions, paramedical services, vision, orthodontia, medical equipment and more.
If you work at least 20 hours per week, you can contribute to the Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan and receive an employer match to a Deferred Profit Sharing Plan.
- Company-paid basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance with the option to enroll in additional life coverage for you and your spouse
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
Employee and Family Assistance Program
Amazon cares about your health and well-being, both on and off the job. The Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) is available 24/7 to you and your family at no cost to help make life a little bit easier. Use the EFAP to access confidential, professional counseling and support for your health, wellbeing or work-related issues.
Maternity and Parental Leave
Following all local and statutory requirements, Amazon offers up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, plus up to an additional eight weeks of flexible work time when returning to work.
It’s essential that employees take advantage of time away from work to recharge and renew. Depending on eligibility and location, employees accrue paid personal and vacation time throughout the year, and are encouraged to make the most of it.
Hourly employees earn time and a half premium pay if they work on holidays. Amazon observes all statutory holidays in each province, which includes but isn’t limited to:
- New Year’s Day
- Good Friday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Labour Day
- Remembrance Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- Employees receive an annual 10% discount on products sold and shipped by Amazon.ca.
- Hundreds of local and national discounts on goods and services such as food, entertainment and travel.
Growth & Development
Hiring and developing the best people is critical to our mission to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. We recognize that every Amazonian is a leader who can help us innovate and grow.
We strive to maintain an environment where people can learn, adapt, and excel. Amazon believes everyone should have the opportunity to learn new skills and build their career – whether that means at Amazon or elsewhere.
- Career Choice Program
- Amazon Career Skills is a career development program offering onsite or virtual classes to help associates grow personally and professionally
- A2Tech (Associate to Technician program)
- Training on operating Powered Industrial Equipment
- Affinity groups focus on building a strong community for employees
The Amazon Career Choice Program
Career Choice offers hourly associates flexibility and tuition assistance to learn new skills
After you've been employed by Amazon for as little as one continuous year, the Amazon Career Choice Program will pre-pay 95% of tuition and fees for you to earn certificates and associate degrees in high-wage, in-demand occupations such as aircraft mechanics, computer-aided design, machine tool technologies, medical lab technologies, nursing, and many other fields.
Amazon will also reimburse 95% of the cost of all required textbooks. The program will pay up to $3,000 per year in tuition, textbooks and associated fees for up to four years.
We exclusively fund education only in areas that are well-paying and in high demand according to sources like the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, and we fund those areas regardless of whether those skills are relevant to a career at Amazon.